Tuesday, August 11, 2015

When a Painting Doesn't Cut It...


One of the concerns when starting any kind of  ART blog is submitting less than stellar work.  Well, this is an example.  The colors are pleasant and harmonious, but.......that's where it ends.

It has a background with three nearly similar, horizontal  shapes  that are quite boring.  Then the five bushes in front look like glowing porcupines--- all unremarkably the same.

The tree on the left has a nice, broken  shape, but color is too much the same all over.  Again...Boring!  The Joshua tree on the right is the only interesting object in this painting.

In the first glow of thinking I had a wonderful painting,  I even signed it!   I must have been in a dream to think it was finished! (And no, it wasn't Happy Hour!)
Geez!!  I have lots of work to do to improve this!

I must admit,  I am working from a photo that I took while my husband was driving and whizzing by this scene.  It still captured my interest, so I intend to return to the painting to find the magic in the landscape that interested me to begin with.  Hopefully, I will be able to post an improved painting--- I jusr won't promise when that will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment